Health Tip: When Air Quality is Bad
(HealthDay News) - Poor air quality can be especially troublesome for asthmatics, making it difficult for them to breathe.
Here are suggestions for asthmatics during bouts with poor air quality, courtesy of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency:
- Gauge your sensitivity to air quality by being aware of your symptoms, and how often you have attacks.
- Reduce any physical activity outdoors.
- Try exercising early in the morning, when air quality tends to be best.
- If outdoors, go inside as soon as you start to feel symptoms.
- Keep your inhaler and other asthma medications on hand at all times.
Date Published: 11/5/2007 12:00:00 AM