Health Tip: Can't Keep Asthma Under Control?
(HealthDay News) -- If your treatment regimen for asthma isn't helping your symptoms, you and your doctor may need to figure out what's really behind your asthma.
Here are possible reasons for ongoing asthma symptoms, courtesy of the American Academy of Family Physicians:
- Allergies to something in your home, school or workplace, such as pet dander or dust mites.
- Not taking your medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Not using your inhaler properly.
- The medication you're using simply is not effective for you.
- Your respiratory symptoms are being caused by something other than asthma.