Health Tip: Listen to Your Child's Breathing
(HealthDay News) -- Asthma in children can have many different physical and behavioral symptoms. Paying close attention to your child can help you spot the early warning signs of asthma.
Here's a list of common symptoms, courtesy of the American Lung Association:
- Coughing that is not related to an illness, especially at night.
- Frequently clearing of the throat.
- Irregular breathing.
- Wheezing, even slightly.
- Labored or very loud breathing.
- In some children who are having an asthma attack, the notch just above the Adam's apple sinks in as they breathe.
- Unusual paleness or sweating.
Date Published: 5/22/2008 12:00:00 AM